Saturday, May 25, 2013

Inspired

I have fallen off the blogging bandwagon too many times to even count.  I go back and forth on if spending my precious down time each day is best spent blogging or doing something else, such as MORE laundry!  Trust me, this family of five can definitely bury a mom in laundry! 

To make a long story short, which I am awful at, I am back to blogging because of an interaction with another mom to three.  I found her blog through the wonderful world of Facebook and after clicking on the link, I found myself looking at the picture of a mom to one of the players on Grace's basketball team.  In the four weeks of practice, I had sat near her but we had never spoke.  She would quietly sit, watching practice and her two little girls as they used the gym as a good spot to get out all that pent up energy. 

Her blog was AMAZING!  I could not stop reading and spent two hours that night reading blog posts about her connection to God, love for her children and family, and a true love of living life to its fullest that I envied.  Seriously, go take a look, I swear you will also get sucked in!

At the next practice, to the embarassment of my husband, I introduced myself and told her my love of her blog.  Hopefully she did not find me crazy and I truly enjoyed our talk.  I LOVE how a blog opened my eyes to what an amazing person was sitting right down from me.  I also loved that she had taken the time to document her family's life, I know she will look back some day and be thankful for doing this.

So, in the "Shawn version" of making a long story short (which is obviously not short at all!), I am back to blogging again!  My goal is to be more intentional with my blogging, still focusing on our day to day lives, but also trying to push myself to blog about other subjects that are important to me and hopefully help me step out of my comfort zone!

No comments: